Most upvoted comment
How you use your android to the maximum?(r/androidapps)
So, this blew up! Welcome to /r/androidapps!
- 8:00am Wake up to the vibration of my watch, which is controlled by the Sleep as Android app to wake me up within 30 minutes of my alarm but only if I’m in a light sleep cycle. If I don’t feel the vibration after a couple minutes the phone alarm kicks in. The only way to turn it off is by going to the bathroom and pressing my phone against an NFC tag in there. Once I quit the Sleep app, Tasker automatically turns off airplane mode.
- 8:30am: Eat breakfast, check reddit (Relay), mail (Outlook), news (Yahoo Digest). Put stuff on my to do list (My Effectiveness). Check the weather (Weather Timeline)
- 9:00am: Get in car to drive. Phone connects to bluetooth automatically and, sensing the car bluetooth, prompts me (Tasker) with nice big buttons to open either Spotify, Pocketcast, Audible, or Google Maps. I listen to music, podcasts, or my book as I drive. It also turns off WiFi (Tasker).
- 9:05am: I remember I need to send off an email. Since I’m driving, I tell my watch (Pebble via the Note to Self app) to remind me to send an email to Elaine at 10:00am.
- 9:30am: Arrive at work, phone disconnects from car bluetooth and re enables WiFi (Tasker). I note the deck I parked at with the little sticky note on my desktop (seNotes) so I don’t wander around looking like a fool.
- 9:32am: On my way in I quickly check my schedule (Snap Widget Drawerwith Event Flow Widget in it). I park further away so I can walk more (leading lifestyle and all that), and quickly glancing on my watch note that I did 1500 steps so far (Pebble Health, synced with Google Fit).
- 9:45am: Get to work, walking briskly and pretend like I have a lot to do so I don’t have to talk to people. Browse reddit, etc.
- 10:00am: Check my to-do again and set up my pomodoro because I don’t feel like working but I need to anyways (My Effectiveness, ClearFocus, all inside Pop Up Widget 2, triggered by swiping up on an app icon in Nova Launcher). Watch gives me a little tap, reminding me to email Elaine.
- 12:00pm: have some lunch and watch Netflix on PC, browsing reddit (Relay), texting (awSMS), checking politics (Politico) and news (NPR). Go to the bathroom, my watch vibrates twice to let me know I left my phone at my desk (fuck!). My phone, detecting it is no longer connected to my watch, automatically locks (SmartLock setting in 6.0) itself so people would need to enter my pin code. Get a snack and put the price I spent in to my budget, watching as my “food” budget for the month shrinks by a dollar (YNAB).
- 3:00pm: get a notification on my watch that Elisa wants to meet with me. I check my calendar (Etar) then reply on my PC (Pushbullet). Then I notice a notification that Google wants me to fill out a survey for money (Google Rewards).
- 3:30pm: to calm down any feeling of anxiety, I recheck my to do and prioritize based on how important (objectively needs to get done) and how urgent (constantly on my mind) a task is (My Effectiveness).
- 5:00pm: go home. Phone turns off wifi inside the car and I listen to a book I’m reading (Seveneves via Audible).
- 5:30pm: when I get home my phone automatically connects to my WiFi (Tasker) and, detecting the home wifi, opens up my lock app (August) so I can unlock my door. After I tap the app to unlock my door, I go to home screen and tap my widget to turn my PC on (Unified Remote)
- 5:40pm: at home I open up my to do list (My Effectiveness) and see I didn’t do anything on it. I look at my watch and see I only made 5000 steps today. Go eat dinner and relax. Do chores, etc.
- 8:50pm: get a notification (Pushbullet and Tasker) on my PC that my phone is low on battery, so I plug it in by my bed via the slow charger.
- 9:00pm: brush my teeth and log it because I’m trying to make a habit of doing so every day (Loop Habit Tracker). Note that tomorrow is my workout day (StrongLifts) and that I need to go if I don’t want to break my workout streak. I remind myself I can also finally restart running the C25K plan, smile that I don’t need to take my phone to my runs (C25K app via Pebble). (If instead of this I stay at my computer, my PC will eventually notify me that my phone is fully charged (Tasker, Pushbullet)).
- 9:05pm: Once I turn off all the lights except the lamp by my bed, the phone detects the small amount of light and dims the screen to 50% below the minimum that the default can do (Darker). Go to bed and play around on Reddit. Because I’m adventurous I use Slide instead of Relay. Note that my phone has a slight yellowish tint (CF Lumen) so my eyes are comfortable.
- 9:06pm: get back to Relay because I’m used to it.
- 9:10pm: go back to Slide instead of Relay because it’s cool. Then switch back to Relay again.
- 9:15pm: open Tasker and think of more Tasker things to do
- 9:20pm: remembering that I forgot to turn my PC off, I grumble and halfway get up from bed. Then I remember I don’t have to, so I just turn my PC off via my phone (Unified Remote).
- 9:30pm: open random apps over and over thinking “I could be reading my Kindle right now”.
- 9:58pm: Alternatively, whack the bird with my stored videos on SD card (Solid Explorer) or with fresh stuff (MyVidster). Note the lack of ads and giggle (Adaway).
- 10:00pm: open up Sleep as Android and have it track my sleep. The phone detects I opened it up so it puts my phone on Airplane mode, then re enables NFC and bluetooth (Tasker, Secure Settings).
- 12:00am: wake up for whatever reason or just still on my phone, note that the phone screen becomes tinted a reddish color (CF Lumen).