Most upvoted comment
Top Books on Reddit in 2018 rank no. 138
When and how was the recommended routine created?(r/bodyweightfitness)
Copy pasta’d from another thread asking about how it was made and our backgrounds. Added #6.
The short story is:
- Phi, me, phrakture, and other mods put it together circa 2012-2013.
- Phi did most of the heavy lifting for putting together the wiki and overall program coordination
- I helped with most of the concepts for routine creation and implementation, much of what was and still is based on my book Overcoming Gravity and Overcoming Gravity 2nd Ed.
- A bunch of stretching/mobility was pulled from Phrak’s Starting Stretching and molding mobility, although heavily overlaps with a lot of various concepts already out there.
- Antranik and other mods were instrumental in finally putting it together in video format.
- The RR has undergone a lot of very subtle revisions since then removing some exercises in favor of others. It is one example of how a good beginner routine for bodyweight/gymnastics/calisthenics strength training can work.
As for people’s backgrounds, I’ll only state my own straight off my website:
> Steven Low is a former gymnast, coach, and the author of the Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength (Second Edition). He has spent thousands of hours independently researching…